For over 100 years a church has stood at the forks of the road at Damron Branch and Canoe Run. The same bell has rung in all three churches that have stood on this site, calling old and young alike to come to worship.
The congregation’s first services were held in 1897 in an old one room school building at Beech Grove on Ky. Rt. #1, just down the road from the present location. Members of the immediate community, under the leadership of Brother R. B. Neal (a circuit evangelist based in Grayson), decided to build a Church of Christ dedicated to the task of seeking to restore in its Doctrine, Government, and Fellowship, the practices and teaching of the New Testament Church.
The original wooden church building was dedicated in 1898 by Brother Neal saying in his message “It will be a Church of Christ, Now and Forever!”…and that phrase is still our motto today.